I've said for a long time that the internet is a battle ground. We know the USA has employed those who conduct similar tactics and a group of us saw an ad on the Federal Government website taking bids for a program that would sign up as multiple accounts and respond by comment to a variety of networks several years back. I feel sure they easily found a program that does that and we never know if we are even dealing with a real government warrior or just a program responding like a person. The British Army apparently is starting their own similar campaign. I find it interesting that they admit they will be spreading disinfo as much as truth. We have to carefully scrutinize everything anymore and research like never before to prove or disprove most everything we read. Comments from strangers should be taken as suspect.

Excerpts: SM Gibson February 1, 2015

(ANTIMEDIAThe British Army is creating a new special forces unit and are not ashamed in declaring who their target is. It’s you.

The 77th Brigade, which will formally be established in April, is being created to counteract narratives on social media that the government would rather you not be cognizant of. These 1,500 ‘Facebook Warriors’ — as they are being called — will be heavily proficient in psychological operations and unconventional warfare. Their duties are being outlined as “non-lethal warfare”.

A British military spokesperson stated that the

“77th Brigade is being created to draw together a host of existing and developing capabilities essential to meet the challenges of modern conflict and warfare. It recognises that the actions of others in a modern battlefield can be affected in ways that are not necessarily violent.”

The 77th, which will be stationed in Hermitage — about 60 miles west of London — admits that it will employ the tactics of spreading both disinformation and truths across multiple social media platforms, according to reports.

READ MORE ->

Attachments
REBEL!