Stop Common Core Votes Forum, Special Election, Florida 2015  

This is a forum for stop common core leaders and groups to help us vet the candidates running in the special election to fill the three vacancies in the Florida Legislature, Florida Senate District 6 and Florida House District 17 and Florida House District 24.  

These are very important elections for the future of education in Florida. North East Florida is ground zero for opponents of common core. If we can elect candidates who clearly understand the problems inherent in common core and will stand against it in Tallahassee, we will have made a big step against common core.

The discussion will be open for guests to post and for members to read and write comments meant for members only. No personal attacks will be allowed and all information will be checked for accuracy, so please provide sources. We simply wish to have as much information possible so common core opponents can decide who they can support in the primaries and the general elections.

If you choose not to participate, I urge you to become informed about your candidates, before you vote. These three seats could receive national attention, as common core is supported by a possible Presidential candidate. If we send good, active, and informed legislators to Tallahassee, we will hasten the day when anyone seeking office will realize that supporting common core would, and should, endanger their career.  Because preventing harm to come to our children is not a political idea, it is every parent’s duty and their right, and our most sacred imperative.

The moderators of this forum make no claim to any authority on any of the candidates. In fact, the purpose of this forum is to help us all become authorities on the candidates. We are not affiliated with any political party, organizations or candidates. We will accept no donations, payment or advertising of any kind. Donations to the hosting site, TeamNetworks will be accepted but will have no influence on anything posted here.

You must be a member to post, but not to read, public posts, Membership is free and painless.

Attachments
2015-Flagler special-primary-info.pdf (241.53 kb, 345 views)
Qualified Candidates 2015 Putnam.pdf (183.08 kb, 350 views)
2015-special-Flagler Samp Ballot.pdf (264.34 kb, 352 views)
Open Letter to Florida REC State Committeewoman and Committeemen and Chairman.

At the last REC meeting I had to drop my conversation with the RPOF Chairman, Leslie Dougher, because I thought I heard our Chairman say something that was had me really excited.  What Bill Korach was saying was similar to what I was hoping would happen. In essences I heard that our REC takes a more prominent role in the policies of the Republican Party of Florida.  This is the point that I was hoping to make by having a vote on the state committeewoman position.

I am concerned about common core, so I will point to the fact that the vast majority of Florida’s REC votes for resolutions against common core. In addition I believe every candidate for Senate district 6 has come out against it. Even the State committeeman (woman) Leslie Dougher said she personally hates it.

So why is every action to stop common core, quickly and systematically taken into a dark Committee room and killed? I think we all know the answer that that question. But we, as a party, cannot let anyone’s ambitions override Republican principles. We narrowly avoided a disaster, when Governor Scott, went against his better judgment, and appeared to sanction common core. He won a narrow victory, far slimmer than all the other State wide races. We cannot afford to give this issue away to the Democrats, or alienate our base, because the 2016 elections must be won by Republicans.

If we have any hope of a Republican President, we have to lead, not take orders. We are closer to the real world and the real issues, then anyone else in the party hierarchy. Therefore, I urge you to support a candidate for RPOF Chairman who will listen to the Executives Committees across Florida.  

I leave you with information so you can judge for yourself who should lead the Republican Party in the pivotal 2016 election. You may have several votes to consider, but I have faith that God put you where you are for a reason and that is to save this great nation.

RPOF Forum 5 December 2014

Kurt Kelly for Fla GOP Chairman

Eric Miller for Fla GOP Chairman

Blaise Ingoglia for Fla GOP Chairman

(No interview is available for Leslie Dougher from this source.)

Recent Interview on The RPOF Chairman’s Race

Fla GOP leaders denounce Common Core, Adam C. Smith, Times Political Editor

Audio versions of three interviews are attached, for the ride to the meeting.

Finally, common care is not a political issue, it is a personal one. Common core is hurting our children, and it will be stopped, for that reason. These videos show why no one that supports common core will win in 2016.

Michelle Malkin Rips On Jeb Bush, Common Core

Faces of Common Core

Repeal Common Core Rally Speech by a clinical mental health therapist

Common Core is Child Abuse

Dennis McDonald for Senate District 6, because Our Children Cannot Wait

This upcoming Special Election for Senate District 6 is really something special. With no incumbent, low turnout, and short election cycle, voters have a chance to vote for a candidate we choose, not one chosen for them, by someone in Tallahassee.

It could be argued the former Senator in District 6 was so powerful that he could safely ignore his constituents. When power comes from connections and favors in Tallahassee, we the voters are ignored. Take common core for example. All three Republican Executive Committees, in District 6, voted for resolution against common core.  They were ignored by the legislators that were supposed to represent them.

The only candidate that is completely unfettered by political pressures and campaign obligations is Dennis McDonald. This makes him the only candidate that can do what he says he will do. The only one who can represent the people he is elected to serve.

The other candidates in the Senate race are probably decent, well meaning men, but they view the fundamental concern about common core as just another political issue. A parent, who has awakened to what common core is doing to their children, cannot compromise on this issue. With all the discussion about common core, it is inexcusable for any candidate not to have at least looked into why parents and teachers are rising up against it.

Words alone cannot adequately tell why this is not merely a political issue. The videos below show the effects of common core first hand. After watching them, ask yourself: will a politician’s 11th hour conversion or halfhearted opposition protect our children?  How long do the children have to wait to get their happiness back? Because, that is what one candidate is purposing, yet another review of the standards by Pam Stewart, and then, maybe in six months, yet another name change. Six months, a year, is too long. Once a child’s natural curiosity is beaten down, it may be lost forever.

Dennis McDonald said he is “committed to ending federal education”.Dennis McDonald will fight common core, to and bring control of our children’s education back to the parent and teacher, where it belongs.

Michelle Malkin Rips On Jeb Bush, Common Core

Faces of Common Core

Repeal Common Core Rally Speech by a clinical mental health therapist

Common Core is Child Abuse

Attachments

Dennis McDonald will fight common core as a Florida Senator, voting today in NE Florida.

If you live in North East Florida or know someone who does, please support Dennis Mcdonald for Senate District 6. This is to replace Senator Thrasher, who is a Jeb Bush Acolyte, and supporter of common core. Dennis McDonald is well versed in the problems and dangers in common core. If he gets elected to Thrashers Seat it will send shock wave around Florida and beyond. Read the commitment he made to stop common core on his website at: http://www.dennismcdonald... Dennis is the only candidate that truly understands common core, His wife, Janet McDonald, won a seat on the Flagler County School Board by opposing common Core . As a neurodevelopmental therapist, with a Masters in Language Arts Education. Her experience as a ELA Coordinator and Curriculum Developer, informed her as she actively opposed common core because of the harmful impact that the act the forced “digital learning” was having on the students physiology. Dennis wants to do stop common core as much as we do. He takes the problems of our children are having personally. In the Fla Parents Rise Education Survey said he is Dennis McDonald said he is “committed to ending federal education, Dennis McDonald will “fight common core, to and bring control of our children’s education back to the parent and teacher, where it belongs.”