You can advertise here! Click to find out how.

Relationship is the only thing that we have, and without understanding that relationship we can never find out what reality is or God is. So, to bring about a complete change in the social structure, in society, the individual must cleanse his relationship, and the cleansing of relationship is the beginning of his own transformation.

Attachments

Relationship with ?? who/what?

REBEL!

Safari Woman said...

Relationship with ?? who/what?

Our dualistic existance leaves us with one way to percieve the world. All things that we can know is related to something else. Good and bad arise together and one is defined by the other. Understanding this gives us insight into our existance.

Our dualistic existance leaves us with one way to percieve the world. All things that we can know is related to something else. Good and bad arise together and one is defined by the other. Understanding this gives us insight into our existance.

So, one thing I've never quite understood, is the philosphy that good doesn't and can't exist without evil? I "get it" but I don't get where the proof of it is outside of assuming all things must have an opposite as some kind of rule of law, but I don't think I see that in nature. 

REBEL!

Safari Woman said...

So, one thing I've never quite understood, is the philosphy that good doesn't and can't exist without evil? I "get it" but I don't get where the proof of it is outside of assuming all things must have an opposite as some kind of rule of law, but I don't think I see that in nature. 

Name something that does not have an opposite

Name something that does not have an opposite

Orgainic (in nature) A flower, water, air, a grain of sand, a blade of grass, a horse, a meteor ... etc

Inorganic, a stapler, a computer screen, a soda can (yes I am looking at things on my desk lol) 

and so on... 

REBEL!

Safari Woman said...

Orgainic (in nature) A flower, water, air, a grain of sand, a blade of grass, a horse, a meteor ... etc

Inorganic, a stapler, a computer screen, a soda can (yes I am looking at things on my desk lol) 

and so on... 

Inorganic- Organic, no flower, no water, no air, no blade of grass, no horse, no metor, no stapler, no computer screen, no soda can, no desk, looking-not looking, thing-nothing, so off :o)

Ahhh I see what you did there lol BUT based on that, then wouldn't that make the opposite of everything nothing rather than the opposite of its perceivable opposite when present? Such as white/black instead of white - no white  -- How is it one gets to choose which is the opposite? 

soft/hard opposed to soft/ no softness (which might not be true if something was pliable rather than hard.)

up/down opposed to up/no up 

(This confuses me a bit)

REBEL!