Happy Easter Granny

by Wanda Hope Carter
I lovingly called my maternal Grandmother, Granny. When I was 9 years old I watched her pass away. I remember sitting on her kitchen table afterwards, staring into the coals burning in the fireplace and crying hysterically while screaming that I hated God for letting her die.....

Rise Like The Phoenix - Happy Spring

by Wanda Hope Carter

I'm burning off the past until it's all gone

rising up in true forgiveness of self and others.

Reaching out of the darkness and into the light,

destroyed and renewed I lift up my wings........

Have you ever had a day when you didn't feel motivated

I bet we have all said at one time or the other, "I'm just not motivated to do anything today." But I believe whether we feel motivated or not, that we always are and here's why:...

My office is located at the back of my house situated on a small salt water bay surrounded by marsh and a further tree line of oaks, palms cedars and pines. The sun is shining, the sky is blue without a cloud in sight and the wind is gently blowing across the nearby palms creating a slight...

Where and How to Recycle Your Underwear

You might call me a recycling fanatic. Every week my curb containers contain more recycles than I have regular trash. I also save kitchen waste from fresh fruits and vegetables to compost which ends up in the "make my own soil" bin in the nursery. Anything that can be reused and...

I'm busting out of K (Keep trying no matter how hard it seems) Right Into M (Make it Happen)

I know there are much bigger problems that I could be facing in life but the last few days of wrestling with a software program, Flash Design, has thrown up one brick wall after the other leaving me wanting to punch something! It took me two weeks to research and test software...

It Is Hard for Me to Not Want to Believe Jodi Arias' Claim That She Killed in Self Defense

I've been attacked, hit, thrown, beaten, tied up, emotionally abused and more so I can believe that a woman could finally snap and forget what happened during such moments of terror as Jodi Arias described on the witness stand. How a woman could cover for a guy when she knew he...

Happy Birthday To My Wonderful Awesome Fantastic Son!

Dear Son of Mine,

Celebrating your birthday marks one of the most miraculous and beautiful moments of my life as well. You were such a precious gift to me at a time when I had little to treasure. I looked at you and thought surely God must love me greatly to have given me such a beautiful and truly awesome...

Why Fools Are Not Affected By Facts and Truth

Proverbs 23:9 Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

Psalm 92:6 Senseless people do not know, fools do not understand,

Proverbs 15:14 The discerning heart seeks knowledge, but the mouth of a fool feeds on folly

Proverbs 17:24 A discerning person keeps wisdom in view, but a fool’s eyes wander to the ends of the earth. ...

Forget New Year's Resolutions, How to Become The Person That You Want To Be

It is a long time tradition that most of us set resolutions for the goals and dreams that we want to achieve in the coming year. I have spent a lot of time thinking about what people put on these lists and why some have more success than others in their accomplishing the targets they set....

Doing the Wrong Things for the Right Reasons

As I was decorating my Christmas tree this year, it occurred to me again, as I've thought of this often while decorating the tree, that many people judge decorating trees as the wrong thing to do to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas. I won't go into the history of this tradition and...

A Prayer For The World in the Aftermath of the Newtown Shooting

by Wanda Hope Carter

Dear Merciful and Loving God,

On this day that millions have gathered in your presence to worship you as the creator of all that exists including this earth and the inhabitants of it, we come before you with a heavy heart saddened by the senseless massacre of the innocent. It makes us even sadder to know...

A Conservative Promoting Eco-Tourism? How did THAT happen?

I grew up on a large cotton farm surrounded by nature where tending to the life of the earth and animals was our daily business. My father, who seemed to have an interest in just about everything from a scientific perspective, was an avid hiker and his interest in archeology caused him...

Beyond Sight, The Derek Rabelo Story A Blind Surfer's Dream To Surf Pipeline

by Wanda Hope Carter

What a fantastic story of how one man achieved his dream against all odds.

Excerpts from Article: Amidst the small beautiful city of Guarapari, Brazil, Derek Rabelo’s father prayed that his son would become a famous professional surfer. His father named his son after the legendary Pipeline surfer Derek Ho, the embodiment of his dream. Unfortunately...

American Dream Come True - Once Jobless, Now Oregon Man's Slotto Toy Creation on Store Shelves for Holidays

by Wanda Hope Carter
This man is a source of inspiration for all who think they can't overcome their situation.He did it through being creative towards achievinghis dream. At one time he stood on the road with a sign asking for a job. That didn't work. So (from To Achieve Your Dreams Remember Your ABCs) he remembered Y-You are unique of...

An After Thanksgiving Prayer

by Wanda Hope Carter

Nov 23 2012

My entire Thanksgivingfelt like a day of continual prayer. But after all of the cooking was finally done, and my family lined up to fill their plates, I recieved a call from a relative that I miss dearly and due to events on their end it was the only chance I would have to spend talking to him on this day when he was sorely missed. I hoped my family now famished would...

The Time Has Come To Keep Our Heads And Speak The Truth

by Wanda Hope Carter

II Timothy 4: 3-5

3For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. ...

The Other Poster about Hope and Change Was Pulled From Stores to Sell the Obama Poster in 2008.

This is the untold story of a poster that previously offered real hope and change to millions of people from around the world, and how it was pulled from stores to be replaced with Obama's poster containing a catch phrase of false promises. This is my story and this is the first time I've told it publicly....

To Achieve Your Dreams, Remember Your ABCs