Junk psychology - I wonder how many lives have been ruined by it.

EXCERPTS

Of 100 studies published in top-ranking journals in 2008, 75% of social psychology experiments and half of cognitive studies failed the replication test

A major investigation into scores of claims made in psychology research journals has delivered a bleak verdict on the state of the science.

An international team of experts repeated 100 experiments published in top psychology journals and found that they could reproduce only 36% of original findings.

The study, which saw 270 scientists repeat experiments on five continents, was launched by psychologists in the US in response to rising concerns over the reliability of psychology research.

READ MORE ->

Attachments
REBEL!

I think some of these studies can be quite accurate but only for limited times.   The world is changing and we change with it.  I've surely become more suspicious, very untrusting and somewhat angry.  Ten years ago I was not this person.  Oh it was there alright!  However, I wasn't using it!!  But I've changed due to our political environment.

IMO, this "study" reveals the probable extent of false data collecting and thus, falsification of results to create a desires impression and to influence opinion.

Linda Mihalic

Just imagine what the replication results are for sociology...