You can advertise here! Click to find out how.

The US Secret Service has requested that developers submit proposals for new software that will detect sarcasm on social media.

This software must be capable of identifying influencers on social media, as well as profile them through historical trends and data.

Posting this work order includes the ability for analytics that can process and synthesize “large sets of social media data”.

According to the solicitation the software must have the “ability to detect sarcasm and false positives.”

According to Donovan, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) uses Twitter analytics to monitor for suspicious and sarcastic comments on social media

Back in 2011, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) was monitoring social media using a software program that instructed analysts to “create reports on certain items of interest that were found in social media searches, including policy directives and debates related to the department.”

READ MORE-> https://www.occupycorpora...

REBEL!

Oh dear God!  This net pulls me in.  I have a weird sense of humor and I can also be very sarcastic.  They think I'm a threat to National Security.  I think I'm not only harmless, but without a standing government, I'm also helpless.

O, God! I'm doomed!

Linda Mihalic

Question? What is a false positive? Is that the same as a lie?

CuzMike said...

Question? What is a false positive? Is that the same as a lie?

I think only in the sense sarcasm is a false positive.  Like if I say, obama is such a great president that I hope he can be president forever,  YOU know that is sarcasm  (or that I have lost my mind ) A robot code that can discern the difference between the statement being meant for real or said in sarcasm is what they want to develop. 

REBEL!

More social engineering! Oh well...as it is already, I'm an unwanted in the USA as they think I'll start the next revolution all on my own! The US Secret Service can shove this stupidity back where they pulled it out from!

"All People have Value"<br />http://www.einsteinchallengedsociety.org

Safari Woman said...

I think only in the sense sarcasm is a false positive.  Like if I say, obama is such a great president that I hope he can be president forever,  YOU know that is sarcasm  (or that I have lost my mind ) A robot code that can discern the difference between the statement being meant for real or said in sarcasm is what they want to develop. 

The intelligence required in this kind of measuring is damn scary. What else can a bunch of code do that isn't even on our radar?