EXCERPTS: The board member, Michael W. Jones, seemingly suggested that the U.S. is a Democratic society as opposed to a constitutional republic and decisions about education shouldn’t be made at the local level.

“The fact that we have got a federalized system of government is totally different than the issue of 50 sovereign states. So, that got resolved in 1864,” he added. “So, my question is, given the fact (inaudible) how do you create in an inclusive way, generally speaking, how do you create an educational system that assures that all children, no matter where they come from, have the ability to know what they need to know to be productive human beings for the 21st Century.”

Throughout Jones’ remarks, the father maintained his composure and let the board member fully explain his position.

“That is where you and I would completely disagree. Sounds like you are more of a globalist and I am more of a localist. I think it should be done, your education should come from the local level,” the parent responded.

“OK, we disagree,” Jones said.

Missouri is one of dozens of states that have opted to embrace Common Core State Standards. READ MORE WATCH VIDEO ->

Attachments
REBEL!