Since his presidential campaign announcement Monday, the White House press corps has been fascinated with Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). 

On Wednesday, that Cruz attention turned to the senator's position on Common Core education standards. A reporter asked White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest, "Senator Ted Cruz -- I know you’ve been fielding a lot of questions about him. He recently said that he wants to repeal Common Core, every word of Common Core. Am I mistaken? I didn’t think Common Core was a federal law? ... I mean, Common Core -- is that correct, Common Core is not something that can be repealed?"

Earnest declined to address the substance of the reporters question, instead promising, "We can look into that for you."

So is Common Core a federal law that can be repealed? The answer is yes. Continued...

Attachments

When engineers and scientists work on a project they tweak it until they get the results they want.  The government doesn't seem to understand this approach to their projects.  Like 0bamacare, Common Core is a failure, but I'm sure there is something in both of them that we  may have use for.  Unfortunately, educators assumed that parents weren't smart enough to give their input.