I already run a high quality anti virus, ccleaner, malware bytes anti-malware and advanced system care yet this little program still found snips of adware in my registry. I found it looking for a solution to my connectivity problem which I solved prior to running this. It makes for a good free tool in the tool kit.

Attachments
REBEL!

Am still looking for all the basics you set me back on SH. The old laptop self destructed, and all this new one has is McAfee... swinging in the breeze. 

Propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state.

When in doubt, follow me. ATTACK!

Am still looking for all the basics you set me back on SH. The old laptop self destructed, and all this new one has is McAfee... swinging in the breeze. 

My basics are this program, plus CCleaner, Revo Uninstall, Advanced System Care - the free version, Avast Anti Virus the pro version, Malware Bytes, Smile I think all computers should have those as basics lol -- well Macafee is probably good but I found it to be very bloated and I like the sandbox feature on Avast and it is very light on the computer.

To Achieve Your Dreams, Remember Your ABCs

Wanda, dl'd everything but Avast Anti Virus the pro version, will do that tomorrow. Thanks whole heaps, young Lady. Happy

Wanda, dl'd everything but Avast Anti Virus the pro version, will do that tomorrow. Thanks whole heaps, young Lady. Happy

No problem!

Smile

If you install avast you need to first uninstall Macafee - you can leave windows defender on and their firewall but two antivirus programs on will cause conflicts and macafee might not let you fully istall avast. when I said pro I meant the one with firewall, anti virus and what ever else comes in the top of the line pkg that they have.

which browser do you use?

Am using Google, but plan on upgrading to Opera (likely in the 'morrow as well). Got all this MS crap that is still WAY to clunky for my tastes, just sits there clogging up memory, imho.

Am using Google, but plan on upgrading to Opera (likely in the 'morrow as well). Got all this MS crap that is still WAY to clunky for my tastes, just sits there clogging up memory, imho.

Shoots I hope you can get on here. Linda was having a problem signing in - although I don't know why. It might be her settings on accepting cookies - haven't heard if its still an issue or not.

I like Chrome. I still use Firefox because it has the best features. It has had a constant crash problem lately but since their last update so far so good. I can't get either my vista or my windows seven to upload opera for some reason. I don't care enough to try to figure out why  lol

Is Linda using Opera, or are we being "hacked" by N. Korea again? Happy

Used FF for the longest time on last 'puter, then it started getting really unstable... never figured out why. Haven't had the conjones to dl onto this laptop.

Using Firefox now, ometimes Opera.

Have installed the recommended software packages, not having any problems lately.

My guy (retired now) was in IT, a network and WAN engineer/manager. He's the admin on our local in-home network. So, he see the attempted security hacks. All the programs are A-okay with him.

Linda Mihalic

God Lord, it sounds like you've hooked up with your very own Geek Squad... I'm jealous. lol

Using Firefox now, ometimes Opera.

Have installed the recommended software packages, not having any problems lately.

My guy (retired now) was in IT, a network and WAN engineer/manager. He's the admin on our local in-home network. So, he see the attempted security hacks. All the programs are A-okay with him.

Are there any computer softwares he thinks should be on the basic tools list not mentioned elsewhere in this thread?

He says you are going for "maximum overkill"! I take that as a NO, nothing more needed, LOL!

Linda Mihalic

He says you are going for "maximum overkill"! I take that as a NO, nothing more needed, LOL!

lol Maximum overkill - yep that's me in a nutshell Smile